Bad Day to Be a Hero is the tenth episode of the first season in the 2018 remake of Magnum P.I. which was aired on December 10, 2018.
Magnum must help Rick's crush, Toni after her illegal poker game, organized to pay back a mob debt, is robbed by masked gunmen.
- In poker, the rake is the percentage of money in play on the table (the pot) given to the operator of the game.
- In the episode, Toni is described as having multiple sclerosis. Jamie-Lynn Sigler, the actress playing her, was diagnosed with this affliction in 2016.
- Corbin Bernsen is introduced as Ice Pick, Rick's father figure and mentor. This is a character from the original series who was originally portrayed by Elisha Cook Jr.
- despite being credited, Amy Hill do not appear in this episode.
- Thomas Magnum: So, you wanna tell me what happened?
- Orville "Rick" Wright: Uh... like I told you, Toni got behind on her brother's medical bills, so I helped her put together a little game. A no-limit Texas Hold 'Em with the highest rollers I could find. Guy Hagi was here. Meghan Lou, this ranching heiress. Uh, there was this hedge fund guy from New York, uh, Bert Lyons. This big-shot local business guy, Russell Chang. Loves to gamble. And finally, Pascale.
- Thomas Magnum: Wait, uh, Pascale Parata?
- Orville 'Rick' Wright: The O.G. crime boss himself. Now, the buy-in was 15K, and Toni was taking a rake, five percent of each pot.
- Thomas Magnum: A rake. So the game wasn't exactly...
- Orville "Rick" Wright: Legal, no, but it was for a good cause.
- Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum
- Perdita Weeks as Juliet Higgins
- Zachary Knighton as Orville "Rick" Wright
- Stephen Hill as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Tim Kang as Detective Gordon Katsumoto
- Amy Hill as Teuila Tuileta (credit only)
- Corbin Bernsen as Francis "Icepick" Hofstetler
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler as Toni
- Hahn Cho as Russell Chang
- James Chan as Philip
- Mark Ah Sing as Akamu
- Rich Ceraulo Ko as Charley Franks
- Suzen Murakami as Mrs. Franks
- John Quincy Adams as Captain
- Kawika Smith as Pascale Parata
- Peter Jang as Terry Kanaraot
- Matt Mullins as Mike Davis
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.