A high-stakes poker game gets hit by masked gunmen and Rick needs Magnum's help to bail out a friend in debt to a major crime boss, but they stumble upon a slave trade ring in the process.
- Kumu did not seen in this episode.
- In poker, the rake is the percentage of money in play on the table (the pot) given to the operator of the game.
- In the episode, Toni is described as having multiple sclerosis. Jamie-Lynn Sigler, the actress playing her, was diagnosed with this affliction in 2016.
- Corbin Bernsen is introduced as Ice Pick, Rick's father figure and mentor. This is a character from the original series who was originally portrayed by Elisha Cook Jr.
- Despite being credited, Amy Hill does not appear in this episode.
- Thomas Magnum: So, you wanna tell me what happened?
- Orville "Rick" Wright: Uh... like I told you, Toni got behind on her brother's medical bills, so I helped her put together a little game. A no-limit Texas Hold 'Em with the highest rollers I could find. Guy Hagi was here. Meghan Lou, this ranching heiress. Uh, there was this hedge fund guy from New York, uh, Bert Lyons. This big-shot local business guy, Russell Chang. Loves to gamble. And finally, Pascale.
- Thomas Magnum: Wait, uh, Pascale Parata?
- Orville 'Rick' Wright: The O.G. crime boss himself. Now, the buy-in was 15K, and Toni was taking a rake, five percent of each pot.
- Thomas Magnum: A rake. So the game wasn't exactly...
- Orville "Rick" Wright: Legal, no, but it was for a good cause.
- Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum
- Perdita Weeks as Juliet Higgins
- Zachary Knighton as Orville "Rick" Wright
- Stephen Hill as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Tim Kang as Detective Gordon Katsumoto
- Amy Hill as Teuila Tuileta (credit only)
- Corbin Bernsen as Francis "Icepick" Hofstetler
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler as Toni
- Hahn Cho as Russell Chang
- James Chan as Philip
- Mark Ah Sing as Akamu
- Rich Ceraulo Ko as Charley Franks
- Suzen Murakami as Mrs. Franks
- John Quincy Adams as Captain
- Kawika Smith as Pascale Parata
- Peter Jang as Terry Kanaraot
- Matt Mullins as Mike Davis