Magnum, flooded with memories of his tour in Afghanistan, helps his fallen friend's brother search for a now-grown Afghan boy who may have been a victim of trafficking.
- On the rescue of the contractor in Afghanistan the four are in full military gear, but without helmets.
- The helicopter shown providing air support to the team while they are under siege was a Kamov KA-50 Black Shark. The helicopter is a Russian design and is not in use by any branch of the U.S. military.
- While Magnum and Nuzzo are portrayed as having been Navy SEALs Rick and TC were both former Marines. But, in the Afghanistan flashbacks, both Rick and TC are shown with beards and longer unkempt hair. Neither is possible under USMC grooming standards and their appearance would likely result in a non judicial punishment (NJP).
- When calling for air support while trying to rescue Paulie's love interest, TC calls out a "broken arrow". This is incorrect, as a "broken arrow" is code for an "accident that involves nuclear weapons or nuclear weapons components, but does not create the risk of nuclear war", clearly this situation involves neither. This error is not something that a long-term military member (really ALL military know not to use this code phrase for anything other than a nuclear incident), like TC would ever use incorrectly.
- Kumu did not appear in this episode.
- Director Peter Weller is best known for being the original actor to play Robocop.
- The Girard Hirsch character, played by Will Garson, is a crossover from Hawaii Five-0.
- Louis Lambardi and Dominick Lombardozzi who play the Nuzo brothers in this episode are brothers in real life.
- Despite being credited, Amy Hill does not appear in this episode.
- Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum
- Perdita Weeks as Juliet Higgins
- Zachary Knighton as Orville "Rick" Wright
- Stephen Hill as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Tim Kang as Detective Gordon Katsumoto
- Amy Hill as Teuila Tuileta (credit only)
- Domenick Lombardozzi as Sebastian Nuzo
- Willie Garson as Gerard Hirsch
- James Remar as Captain Buck Greene
- Louis Lombardi as Paulie Nuzo
- Yihya Eldein as 8-Year-Old Ahmed
- Zehra Fazal as Fariha
- Peter Rodbell as Homeless Man #1
- Jacob White as Student
- Mohit Gautam as 16 Year Old Ahmed
- Antonio Jaramillo as Virgil
- Yousef Azami as Local Elder