When Magnum is abducted and forced to assist on a search for the stolen Iraqi gold, the situation takes a painfully personal turn when he discovers the person behind the theft is also responsible for his and his team's imprisonment in Afghanistan.
- When Rick is told where Magnum's Ferrari was picked up he is told it was found "off 72" (referring to Route 72, Kalanianaole Highway near the Robin Masters compound in Waimanalo.) In Hawaii, locally raised people do not use route or exit numbers when talking except when referring to the three interstate freeways H-1, H-2 and H-3.
- The police convoy transporting the gold is traveling westbound on H-3 freeway and is attacked exiting the westbound tunnel. When Hannah steals the truck carrying the gold she continues driving westbound, yet the ensuing fight and crash somehow take place just outside the eastbound tunnel exit.
- Magnum falls off the van while it is speeding to 100 km/h, and is severely injured, but survives. At such speed, surely he would have been killed.
- The first appearance of Hannah (Jordana Brewster) in the show.
- Ammie Masterson is introduced as Lieutenant MacReynolds "Mac", Magnum's contact in Naval Intelligence. The character is based on one portrayed by Jeff MacKay in the original series.
- Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum
- Perdita Weeks as Juliet Higgins
- Zachary Knighton as Orville "Rick" Wright
- Stephen Hill as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Tim Kang as Detective Gordon Katsumoto
- Amy Hill as Teuila Tuileta
- Jordana Brewster as Hannah
- Ammie Masterson as Lt. Josie "Mac" MacReynolds
- Scott Michael Campbell as Kyle Foley
- Kala Alexander as Kawika
- Elizabeth Ignacio, M.D. as Doctor
- Rob Mars as Lead Gunman