A man dying of lymphoma hires Magnum to find his estranged, bone-marrow-compatible brother who turns out to need Magnum's help as well. Also, Magnum's case brings back haunted memories for the guys of a past SEAL team mission that went sideways.
- When Magnum is having difficulty with the copier, a QR code is visible on the monitor. When scanned, it says "Please scan this code."
- During the helicopter ride toward the end, Magnum puts on a headset, puts a headset on Bobby, then plays a video for Bobby on his phone. The phone isn't connected to the helicopter's communications system, so neither of them should be able to hear the video. It may possible to connect it to the communications system wirelessly, the way many phones connect to car audio systems via bluetooth, but no bluetooth indicator is visible on the screen.
- 3 (killed themselves)
- Bobby Malua: What are you doing?
- Thomas Magnum: Well, most people hide their passwords in one of five places. Really, Devon? Your named spelled backwards? You think you can remember that?
- Bobby Malua: Manny was looking for my wife and kid.
- Thomas Magnum: Yeah, you're smart to send them off the island. Guy like Manny will use anything as leverage, especially family.
- Bobby Malua: I guest it's a good thing he doesn't know about William.
- Thomas Magnum: What happened between you and your brother?
- Bobby Malua: It wasn't one thing. We grew up without a mom, and my dad-- he always favored Willie. When I was in high school our dad got sick. Willie was of to college, so I took care of him. Put my life on hold for three years. No matter what I did, it was never good enough.
- Thomas Magnum: Why'd you leave the island after your father died?
- Bobby Malua: I was angry. Missed out at college, so I thought I'd travel-- I don't know-- see the world. Instead, I never went anywhere. I know he thinks I'm a loser.
- Thomas Magnum: No. William? He doesn't think that.
- Bobby Malua: We said some stuff to each other before I left. He offer me a job, I turned him down, and he was angry about that. Which is crazy, because I'm the one who made sacrifices when our dad was sick. I'm the one who deserved to be angry.
- Thomas Magnum: I think you're wrong about your brother. I think... he misses you. In fact, he made a video message he wanted to see.
- Bobby Malua: Ah, save it, man. I don't want to see it.
- Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum
- Perdita Weeks as Juliet Higgins
- Zachary Knighton as Orville "Rick" Wright
- Stephen Hill as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Tim Kang as Detective Gordon Katsumoto (credit only)
- Amy Hill as Teuila Tuileta
- Alex Fernandez as Captain David Evers
- C.S. Lee as William Malua
- Karl Yune as Bobby Malua
- Trevor Long as Manny
- Jason Lee Hoy as Loto
- Jess Kaala Lundgren as Aleki
- Aaron Densley as Major Hawthorne
- Anna Klein as Lia
- Vikram Mruthyunjayana as ER Doc
- Die He Said at the Internet Movie Database