Magnum and Higgins help an up-and-coming mixed martial arts fighter who is being pressured by a gang to throw an illegal fight. Also, Kumu is arrested for stealing an artifact from a collector that should be returned to its original resting place.
- The Kumu story line with the skull is factually inaccurate. It is illegal for anyone to own the remains of a native American, which includes native Hawaiians. There are many laws on the books meant to protect the cultural heritage of indigenous peoples. In addition, the repatriation of native relics has been practiced for decades. It would have been more accurate for Kumu to have involved the Justice Department or other legal aid which would have helped to repatriate the skull rather than commit "grand larceny."
- Lance Lim made his first debut in this episode.
- This is Dennis Chun's first crossover appearance since Hawaii Five-0 ended.
- The opening scene to this episode is identical to the opening scene from the original Magnum PI pilot episode "Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii".
- S.W.A.T. Team 49 is used during a house raid in this episode. This is the same S.W.A.T. team deployed in Hawaii Five-0.
- Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum
- Perdita Weeks as Juliet Higgins
- Zachary Knighton as Orville "Rick" Wright
- Stephen Hill as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Tim Kang as Detective Gordon Katsumoto
- Amy Hill as Teuila Tuileta
- Joseph Mareko as Alema Kaluna
- Linda Good as Booking Officer
- Chris Putt as Bruiser #1
- Zack Harris as Detective Kanemura
- Peter Jae as Hiroki Matsui
- Terrell Tilford as Izzy Durrell
- Kordell C.L. Kekoa as Kahu
- Katy M. O'Brian as Kai Durrell
- Yancy Medeiros as Kai's Trainer
- Zeus Kang as Matsui Thug #1
|Double Jeopardy ♦ Easy Money ♦ No Way Out ♦ First The Beatdown, Then The Blowback ♦ The Day Danger Walked In ♦ Tell No One ♦ Killer on the Midnight Watch ♦ Someone To Watch Over Me ♦ The Big Payback ♦ The Long Way Home ♦ The Lies We Tell ♦ Dark Harvest ♦ Cry Murder ♦ Whispers of Death ♦ Before the Fall ♦ Bloodline|