A defected Russian pilot named Yuri Dolgof hires Magnum to get his fiancée Nina, a member of the Soviet track team to defect as well.
T.C., Rick and Higgins help take on the K.G.B. when Magnum helps a Soviet athlete defect and run from her Olympic track team.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Jeff Pomerantz as Yuri Dolgof
- Allan Rich as Coluga
- Jan Ivan Dorin as Tarisoff
- Susan Heldfond as Nina
- Marianne Muellerleile as Olga
- Robert Apisa as Mortician #1 (credited as Bob Apisa)
- Richard McPherson as Mortician #2 (credited as Richard MacPherson)
- R.J. Arterburn as Turk
- Jeff Albert as Russian Agent
- John Dullaghan as Col. Mark Halver
- Jim Grimshaw as Major
- The Russian MiG-30 aircraft, which, in reality, doesn't exist, is clearly a repainted American F4 Phantom. The ending credits thank the Hawaii Air National Guard for its assistance.
- Higgins: It is eminently satisfying, Magnum, to know that as a result of this, a few heads will roll in Moscow. You know, when I was in Vienna, the Sovjets tried to recruit me as an agent. Unbelievable crude, I came home one night to find a naked woman in my bed. I knew immediately she was Russian. They use stainless steel
- (taps his teeth)
- Higgins: instead of gold.
- Yuri Dolgof: You're a private investigator?
- Magnum: Yes.
- (laughs amiably while drying his hair with a towel)
- Yuri Dolgof: You are wearing a swimsuit.
- Magnum: Don't worry, I got a whole closet full of pants.
- Magnum: Remember I told ya I didn't like getting egg on my face? Well right now, I'm wearing a whole omelet.
- Magnum: Oh, come on, TC, is it too much to ask to get my slides right side up?
- TC: Not a problem, not a problem, not to worry. I forgot what a nasty C.O. you can be...
- Magnum: [attempting to bribe the house detective] Look, couldn't we settle this with a little green piece of paper, you know the kind with Andrew Jackson's picture on it?