Magnum and Higgins' new partnership is tested when they disagree about being hired by a woman who wants them to recover her $3 million in stolen drug money in order to save her husband's life. Also, TC and Shammy must get to the bottom of a potential case of someone impersonating a decorated veteran.
- Pat Monahan is the lead singer for Train.
- TC says that James Harris was decorated for valor three times, yet the screen of his record shown only lists two awards for valor: a Silver Star and a Bronze Star. The remaining awards are not awards for valor.
- The episode title "He Came by Night" is the name of a mystery novel by Anthony Gilbert.
- Magnum: By the way, I promise to never lie to you again
- Gordon Katsumoto: You just did!
- Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum
- Perdita Weeks as Juliet Higgins
- Zachary Knighton as Orville "Rick" Wright
- Stephen Hill as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Tim Kang as Detective Gordon Katsumoto
- Amy Hill as Teuila Tuileta
- Patrick Monahan as Himself
- Valerie Cruz as Lani Levner
- André Kajlich as Jonah
- Troy Garity as James Harris (aka Daniel Skordi)
- Esmond Chung as Irv
- James DuMont as Bob Hall
- Corey Rieger as Guard Seth Hardy
- Preston James Hillier as Jason Levner
- Jabez Armodia as Pekelo
- Ryan Locke as Steven Dahl
- Skylar Grey as Herself
- Jerry Becker as Himself
- Luis Carlos Maldonado as Himself