A doctor that Magnum knew in Vietnam when she was an Army nurse is accused of murdering three patients in a Hawaiian hospital.
A nurse Magnum knew in Vietnam has become a doctor and is accused of murdering three patients in her care. The private investigator faces tough odds to prove her innocence in this very personal case.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Marcia Strassman as Dr. Karen Harmon
- Kario Salem as Reporter Eric Daniels
- Peter Brown as Robert Brighton
- Woody Eney as Phillip Harriman
- Edward Winter as Dr. Jorgenson
- Cathy Gemmitti as Barbara
- Chris Penn as Wounded Soldier, in Vietnam (credited as Christopher Penn)
- Marcia Strassman (Dr. Karen Harmon) is best known for her roles as Julie Kotter in the classic television sitcom Welcome Back, Kotter and Diane Szalinski in the 1989 film Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.
- (To Dr. Karen Harmon)
- Higgins: The role of architect as artist has been sorely neglected. Where the painter has oils, the sculpter marble or clay, the poet words, the architect has only space - that immaterial essence that painters "suggest" and the sculpter "fills", the architect "envelops". But listen to me rattling on. How can I help you?
- Magnum: Well, I'm not gonna get into a spitting contest with a snake. You hassle Karen again, anytime, anywhere, you're going to answer to me.
- Eric Daniels: Excuse me, is that a threat?
- Magnum: You bet. (smiles)
- Magnum: I knew if he had a revolver he only had 6 shots. Course if he had an automatic he could have 7...or 8. Then he could have one of those 13 shot automatics. Or he could have two guns. Oh well....