|I Saw the Sun Rise|
|Season 1, Episode 1|
|Air date||September 24, 2018|
|Written by|| Eric Guggenheim |
Peter M. Lenkov
|Directed by||Justin Lin|
From the Head Down
A charming rogue, an American hero and a die-hard Detroit Tigers fan, Magnum lives in a guest cottage on Robin’s Nest, the luxurious estate where he works as a security consultant to supplement his P.I. business. The "majordomo" of the property is Juliet Higgins, a beautiful and commanding disavowed MI:6 agent whose second job is to keep Magnum in line, with the help of her two Dobermans. When Magnum needs back-up on a job, he turns to his trusted buddies and fellow POW survivors, Theodore "TC" Calvin, a former Marine chopper pilot who runs Island Hoppers, a helicopter tour business, and Orville "Rick" Wright, a former Marine door-gunner-turned-impresario of Oahu’s coolest nightclub and the most connected man on the island. Suspicious of Magnum’s casual attitude and presence at his crime scenes, Detective Gordon Katsumoto finds that he and Magnum are more alike than either of them care to admit. With keys to a vintage Ferrari in one hand, aviator sunglasses in the other, and an Old Düsseldorf longneck chilling in the fridge, Thomas Magnum is back on the case!
Right at the beginning of the series Sebastian Nuzo, ex-SEAL and good friend of Thomas, Rick and TC, is kidnapped and murdered. The trio has to track down the perpetrators - with the help of Juliet Higgins (a former MI6-Agent).
- Sebastian Nuzo
- Rick Wright killed 1 person with sniper
- Magnum killed 1 person with pistol
- In Season 3, Episode 1 of the original series was titled, "Did You See the Sunrise?" of this episode centered around Magnum and TC's brief time as POW's during the Vietnam War and a friend's search for their captor/torturer.
- Along with the Navy Seal Budweiser and Parachutist Badge, his ribbons on his uniform are Navy Cross, Bronze Star with "V", Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal with gold star, Combat Action Ribbon, Navy Unit Commendation, Meritorious Unit Commendation, Navy Good Conduct Medal (though only enlisted get this after 3 years), National Defense Service Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal, GWOT Expeditionary Medal, GWOT Service Medal, Sea Service Deployment Ribbon, Navy Expert Rifle, Navy Expert Pistol.
- Multiple references made to show that Magnum PI exists in the same "universe" as Hawaii Five-0. Example: Lieutenant Tanaka states when Nuzo is kidnapped "if this is a kidnapping, it belongs to HPD and Five-O, not some private eye." Also Magnum visits Dr. Noelani Cunha at the MEs office.
- Magnum says that he was a POW, but the picture of him shown at the end of the opening sequence doesn't show him wearing a POW ribbon.
- Goatees are not authorized for Navy personal while in uniform - per NAVPERS 15665I Chapter 2, section 2, Article 2201.2.
- Juliet Higgins: You can't do this.
- Thomas Magnum: I need a car.
- Juliet Higgins: Call an Uber.
- Thomas Magnum: Wh-What am I nineteen?
- Juliet Higgins: You cannot take another car.
- Thomas Magnum: Call Robin see what it says.
- Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum
- Perdita Weeks as Juliet Higgins
- Zachary Knighton as Orville "Rick" Wright
- Stephen Hill as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Sung Kang as Lt. Yoshi Tanaka
- Kimee Balmilero as Dr. Noelani Cunha
- Domenick Lombardozzi as Sebastian Nuzo
- James Remar as Captain Buck Greene
- Nadine Nicole as Emily
- Tiffany Hines as Lara Nuzo
- Antal Kalik as Dale A. Gerard
- Nico Woulard as Charles T. Resnick
- Reznor Allen as Jake Nuzo
- Vince Shin as Kim Kil-Yon / Defector
- Kala Alexander as Chop Shop Boss