Juliet Higgins is a former MI6 agent who is majordomo for Robin Masters Hawaiian estate. She is portrayed by Perdita Weeks.
Before Season 1
Higgins was in the British Intelligence, MI6. She was engaged to another fellow agent, Richard Dane, who was killed on assignment in Istanbul trying to track down Viper. Unfortunately Viper was waiting for him. His body washed up weeks later. That’s when Juliet went rogue. She tried to hunt down Viper on her own, ignoring any recalls from her superiors. Her attempt to avenge Richard led to her being disavowed. Just a week before he was killed, Juliet and Richard had made plans to resign from MI6, they were going to be married, start a family. Her mother suffers from dementia.
Higgins is the "majordomo" (i.e., property manager) for the large Hawaiian estate of writer Robin Masters, for whom Magnum ostensibly works security and lives in his guest house. She is commanding, uses sarcasm to deflect emotion and is hard to get to know — but it’s worth it in the end.
As a former MI6 agent, she knows how to hack a computer, is capable of picking locks and knows how to fight. Although she is British, she doesn’t like tea (“I can’t stand tea. I might be the first Brit in history to ever say that.”). She initially claimed to have left England because of the winters. Until he was killed, she found a good friend in Jack Candler (tech entrepreneur and big-time art collector). She enjoyed having a fellow Brit to talk to. That made it a little bit easier to be this far away from home.
She has two dogs - Zeus, Apollo - who hate Magnum (which is mutual) and always chase him when he returns home. She does yoga.
- The relationship between Thomas Magnum and Juliet Higgins at times resembles David Addison and Maddy Hayes in the romantic detective series Moonlighting in the mid-1980s. With the formation of their partnership in Season 2, it has developed a dynamic similar to that of Laura Holt and Remington Steele in Remington Steele.
- Her nicknames are Jules and Higgy.
- She is an ex-MI6 agent (initially turned down) who is the caretaker or majordomo of Robin's Nest. Although she reinterprets Jonathan Higgins from the original series, she is a completely different character, with some aspects of the original Higgins being carried over to the character of Kumu. One key difference is that in the original series, an ongoing mystery (often investigated by Magnum) is whether Higgins could actually be Robin Masters; This aspect was eliminated as it was found that Juliet and Magnum had met Robin several times and are in regular contact with the author.
- It has not been revealed yet whether she has any kinship to the original Higgins.
- Higgins was shot at least twice while helping Magnum in his cases, a fact she reminds him from time to time. The writers and/or editors seem to be forgetting this fact as she has no signs of a gunshot wound on her left arm which is the arm in which she was shot both times.
- She was engaged, but her fiancé was killed; this is one reason why she moved to Hawaii.
- Was Junior Champion at Royal Worlington & Newmarket Golf Club for two consecutive years. She has also demonstrated other skills ranging from yoga to model making.
- Despite being British, she is not interested in traditional fish and chips.
- She is responsible for the technology there.
- She is good at math.
- Her favorite Spanish opera is Lope de Vega's La selva sin amor.
|Magnum P.I. Characters|
|Current||Thomas Magnum • Juliet Higgins • Rick Wright • Theodore Calvin • Gordon Katsumoto • Teuila Tuileta|
|Other||Noelani Cunha • Duke Lukela • Kamekona Tupuola • Flippa Tupuola • Sebastian Nuzo • Icepick • Luther Gillis • Buck Greene • Kenny "Shammy" Shamberg|