The body of Magnum's friend, an experienced lifeguard, is found on a beach after an apparent drowning but TM does not believe he drowned.
A lifeguard is found dead soon after he is seen in an expensive new car that he clearly could not afford. Magnum partners with a young, ambitious woman to crack the case in this story of blackmail and adultery.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Annie Potts as Tracy Spencer
- Rosemary Forsyth as Margaret Chase
- Annette McCarthy as Nancy Phillips
- Bob Minor as Rose
- Sinjin Smith as Marcus Phillips (credited as St. John Smith)
- Susan Mechsner as Crystal, Rose's henchwoman
- Julia Nickson as Carla (credited as Julie Nickson)
- Ardi Maioho as Sylvia
- Frank Atienza as Police Sergeant Puna
- We actually see Robins Ferrari with its top on as it pulls into Robins Nest.
- (at the mansion, Tracy is treating Magnum's bruised face with cold compresses)
- Tracy Spencer: You know, I mean this in the very best sort of way, but have you ever considered taking a self-defense course?
- Magnum: They were women!
- Tracy Spencer: That's my point... poor thing.
- (Tracy absently presses the compresses to her face. Higgins walks in)
- Higgins: Oh, good, Magnum, you're here because...
- Higgins: (to Tracy) Good lord, are you alright?
- Tracy Spencer: Oh no, I'm fine.
- Magnum: (angrily) Is SHE alright? Is she alright? Higgins, look at my body!
- Higgins: I'm not blind, Magnum. I can see that you look like bloody hell. Actually though, this is a minor beating compared to some you've taken. On a relative scale, it merely counts as a "dusting up". I remember doing my first tour of duty in India...
- (as usual, Higgins launches into one of his boring stories, this time about his first trip to India)