Magnum must help his defense attorney girlfriend, Abby Miller when she realizes that the client she successfully defended in a murder trial is actually guilty. Also, TC confronts Kamekona about stealing his helicopter business.
- Three "Hawaii Five-O" characters are Noelani, Kamekona and Flippa making their crossover appearances in this episode.
- Season 2's subplot involving other characters "shipping" Magnum and Higgins and considering them a match reaches a crescendo as Abby breaks up with Thomas after noticing in several earlier episodes his deep bond with Higgins.
- On the university website Conlan's name is misspelled Conlon.
- Kamekona's line to TC about coming to him with a favor some time, and TC not saying no, is taken from The Godfather.
- Mariko Van Kampen starred in the original Magnum, P.I. series including Hawaii Five-O. Each role has been a different character.
- They have also borrowed another character, "Harry Brown", played by William Forsythe, from Hawaii Five-0 for this episode, and possibly the ninth episode of this season as well.
- This is the third and final appearance of Abby Miller (Brooke Lyons) in the show, following "Black Is the Widow" and "Payback Is for Beginners".
- Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum
- Perdita Weeks as Juliet Higgins
- Zachary Knighton as Orville "Rick" Wright
- Stephen Hill as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Tim Kang as Detective Gordon Katsumoto
- Amy Hill as Teuila Tuileta
- Taylor Wily as Kamekona Tupuola
- Brooke Lyons as Abby Miller
- Kimee Balmilero as Noelani Cunha
- William Forsythe as Harry Brown
- Shawn Mokuahi Garnett as Flippa Tupuola
- Jesse Bradford as Neal Conlan
- Mariko Van Kampen as Claire Mills
- Cody Webster as Officer Garcia
- Eddie Anderson as SWAT Commander
- Yudelka Lorange as SWAT Sniper
- Maurice McLellan as Hotel Security Guard