Magnum is despondent over his loss of his wife Michelle, his father, Mac McReynolds, and now Diane Dupres. While driving in Honolulu the next day, he sees a man who could be an identical twin for Mac McReynolds.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Jeff MacKay as Lieutenant McReynolds
- Lance LeGault as Colonel Buck Greene
- Darryl Ferreira as Father Jim Hiller (as Darryl Ferrera)
- Glenn Cannon as Dr. Ibold
- Robert Harker as Jeweler, at Polani Jewelers
- Fred Ball as Ice Cream Parlor Manager
- Esmond Chung as Honolulu Police Officer
- Winston Char as Duc-Ho, the Gambler
- Ric Groenendal as Sailor (as Richard Groenendal)
- Phil Johnson as Shore Patrolman
- Carmella Barut as Carmella (credit only)
- Legendary Stempede Wrestling professional wrestler Tor Kamaka appears in this episode as one of Duc-Ho's bodyguards. Tor also wrestled in the WWF (now WWE) (managed by Classie Freddie Blassie) in the late 70s.
- Future longtime KGMB (now HNN) news reporter Jade Moon makes a brief uncredited appearance in the poker game scene.
- Higgins: If you're going to drink yourself into a stupor, wouldn't whiskey be more effective?
- Magnum: Too hard to keep an even buzz on with whiskey.
- Magnum: It's not just Diane! It's Michelle and Mac, Rick's little sister, Dan Cook, the little Vietnamese kid whose name I can't remember....My Dad. All people I loved, or who counted on me, and they're gone.
- Higgins: Death is part of life. I know that sounds trite, but the very nature of life means that the older we get, the more loses we can expect. And, if we go to war, or choose a profession such as yours, those loses are going to be higher.
- Magnum: Look, Higgins, I know you are trying to help and I appreciate it, I really do. I know this isn't going to solve anything, I know I'm being morose, and stupid, but I just don't give a damn.
- Higgins: The two of you are as nervous as a pair of Devonshire schoolgirls.
- T.C.: And you're not?
- Higgins: No.
- T.C.: Then why have you been sipping tea from an empty cup for the last half-hour?