Magnum is, once again, duped into free investigation work. This time, as a tennis player in a pro-am tournament, Higgins pairs him with a rising star instead of the veteran he had chemistry with years ago when he was serving in the US Navy with her brother. Magnum is tasked with protecting a young tennis pro who is being threatened.
Magnum plays bodyguard to a young and bratty tennis star who is receiving death threats. The assignment reunites him with an old flame - who is also the prime suspect in the case.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Kim Richards as Carrie Reardon
- Elaine Giftos as Ginger Leah Grant
- Henry Gibson as Ronald Mills
- Philip English as Dave Duncan
- Claudette Nevins as Phyllis Reardon
- Anulka Dziubinska as Zora Korcek
- Nels Van Patten as Kenny Phelps
- Kim Richards made her guest appearance in this episode, then she was nominated for a Young Artist Award as Best Young Actress.
- Elaine Giftos (Ginger Leah Grant) and Larry Manetti appeared together in the 1995 movie Body Chemistry 4: Full Exposure, starring Shannon Tweed and Larry Poindexter.
- Magnum: I'm sorry Rick. I'm a little rusty on the serve. I just gotta get it up a little more, but when I do, it'll be a monster.
- T.C.: Not with that follow through.
- Magnum: What's wrong with it?
- T.C.: You need more extension.
- Magnum: I do?
- T.C.: Mmm-Hmm
- Rick: Try and keep this one on the court will you. We're running out of balls!
- Magnum: Ok, this one will be in Rick, I promise. I will be just perfect.
- Higgins: T.C. Baby, it ain't over 'til it's over.