While getting mixed up in a car chase with a couple of fencing suspects, Magnum is responsible for injuring an innocent bystander and brings her from the hospital to Robin's Nest.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Kathleen Lloyd as Carol Baldwin
- Talia Balsam as Emily Jackson
- Tommy Fujiwara as Dr. Komia in Hospital (as Tom Fujiwara)
- Connie Kissinger as Hospital Nurse
- Darryl Tsutsui as Cook
- Leslie Llacuna as Kid
- Dick Warlock as Jimmy Kiedash
- Buddy Joe Hooker as Mark Kiedash
- This episode features a really good car chase involving the Ferrari and a 1970 Pontiac GTO!
- Magnum mentions an "Aunt Margaret" who took him to a Detroit Tigers game in August of 1956 when he "was ten years old" [see quote #3 below]. He name-checks three baseball players: Harvey Kuenn, Al Kaline, and Bob Turley.
- In 1942, in the North African Campaign of WWII, Higgins accidentally killed a fellow British soldier (a Roger Thornsby) at night who failed to properly identify himself.
- Emily: I know Gonzo and Trapper John dress like that, but I thought that was only on the tube.
- Magnum: I think so. (smiles)
- Emily: I was really bored one day so I watched a documentary. It was all about how sharks are attracted to certain movements, and Thomas, I'm moving just like a wounded seal!
- Magnum: Well, I don't think any sharks around Oahu are used to seeing any seals. Besides, there's a great big reef out there and this tidal pool was built a long time ago to keep sharks out and sea turtles in. The local people used to raise them for food in here.