A woman whose father was just released from prison approaches Magnum asking him to follow her father to ensure he does not commit a crime. Thomas ends up trapped in a bank vault with the woman.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Gillian Dobb as Agatha Chumley
- John McMartin as Bill Campbell
- Deborah Pratt as Gloria
- Carol Burnett as Susan Johnson
- David Palmer as Mr. Halliburton
- Carol Burnett has maintained a home in Hawaii (Maui) since the early 1980s. Tom Selleck was once quoted as saying that Carol Burnett was "one of the sexiest women" he has ever met.
- We meet T.C.'s girlfriend Gloria (Deborah Pratt) for the first time. When this episode was filmed, Deborah Pratt was the wife of Magnum P.I. co-creator/exec producer/writer Donald P. Bellisario.
- The establishing shot for the "First Anglo Hawaiian Bank" was filmed at the historic Mission Memorial Building (558 South King Street). It was built in 1915 and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Higgins' meditation book The Crystal Lotus: Infinite Consciousness, which is seen and quoted from, is a made-up book.
- Higgins: You can't have a weekend of meditation without the inspirational readings.
- Agatha: I don't know Jonathan, perhaps we should try something different this year and share our own inspirational thoughts, instead of listening to someone elses. Who knows what might come out of an atmosphere of intimacy.
Higgins: The safety deposit box.
- Agatha: I beg your pardon!?
- (Higgins knocks on the door, Sherry opens it)
- Sherry: Paradise Pizza?
- Higgins: I beg your pardon.
- Sherry: Paradise Pizza. We ordered large zombies, with everything but anchovies.
- Higgins: Who are you, and what are you doing here??
- Rick: Oh, hi, Higgins! I hope we're not disturbing you.
- Higgins: Disturbing me? I had an entire weekend of quiet meditation and fasting planned... and just as we begin our moonlight chanting the cacophonous sounds of that hi-fi come blasting across the grounds. I come over here not only to find that not only has Magnum NOT returned with my book, but the two of you have turned Mr. Masters guest quarters into some kind of music rumpus room. Why on earth would that disturb me!
- Sherry: You're not from Paradise Pizza.
- Susan Johnson: I think... I locked us in the vault.