Robin Masters' bets Buzz, a "girlie magazine" publisher, that the King Kamehameha Club softball team can beat Buzz's team.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Dick Shawn as Buzz Benoit
- Peter Isacksen as Jerome "Killer Kapelwitz" Stenhauser
- Debbie Zipp as Lola Stenhauser
- Eddie Deezen as Mickey Dalrumple
- Patrick Bishop as Keoki
- Lord James Blears as Bartender, at The Last Rivet (credited as Lord Blears)
- Bill Ogilvie as Lou (credited as William Ogilvie)
- Bob Fimiani as Deputy Federal Marshall Homer Knowlton
- Clyde Friar as Retired Construction Worker
- Antone Ferreira III as Umpire
- Megan Hughes as Taphie
- Unusual for the show, there is no opening preview.
- Higgins is seen holding the River Kwai Bridge model. A good closeup of the model can be seen.
- Rick: Come on T.C., a lizard could have caught that, I've seen better hands on my mother!
- T.C.: Well maybe you oughta bring your momma out here! At least she is a girl, you just pitch like one!
- Higgins: You know lads, I sometimes view myself as a later-day Job, constantly being tested by our Creator. How else could I possibly justify four major wars, dozens of minor conflicts, seven natural disasters, and...
- Magnum: Aha! Double play Tigers!
- Higgins: ...Him.
- Magnum: Oh my god, you're Jerome "Bad Friday" Kapelwitz!
- Kapelwitz: Who told you?
- Magnum: You just did... that and the way you swung that two by four. I should have known. Lola Stenhauser is married to Jerome "Bad Friday" Kapelwitz.
- Kapelwitz: I prefer... ah... Killer.
- Magnum: How long you been out of ball, been 4 or 5 years?
- Kapelwitz: 6 years, 2 months, 14 days.
- Magnum: You were with the White Sox, you hit 35 home runs, but then you quit, because... you...
- Kapelwitz: Broke the face of that lousy reporter in Cleveland!