When Makoa, one of TC's junior league Football players misses several training sessions, TC asks Magnum for help. The boy's father, Hani, has been arrested for killing a medical doctor but, though he claims innocence, is not telling them the full truth. Magnum leaves the boy in Higgins' care while he investigates, but the evidence against Hani is mounting. It's only after Magnum gets Hani to tell him he was using the steroids the doctor was trafficking with that he's able to discover the true killer.
- PED is short for Performance Enhancing Drug.
- This marks the guest appearance of singer-songwriter Cyndi Lauper.
- This episode marks the crossover appearance by Dr. Noelani Cunha from Hawaii Five-0 (2010). Elisabeth Röhm, who plays the victim's widow here, appeared in season seven of "Five-0" as Madison Gray, a serial-killing psychologist who manipulates others into committing her crimes.
- Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum
- Perdita Weeks as Juliet Higgins
- Zachary Knighton as Orville "Rick" Wright
- Stephen Hill as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Tim Kang as Detective Gordon Katsumoto
- Amy Hill as Teuila Tuileta
- Zion Junk as Makoa Iona
- Sam Puefua as Hani Iona
- Tru Collins as Daisy Chase
- Elisabeth Rohm as Brooke Mason
- Cathal Pendred as Wade Steuben
- John P. Rocco as Admitting Officer
- Cyndi Lauper as Vanessa Nero
- Thomas H. Chang as Jack Tseng, HPD Officer
- Traci Toguchi as Ailana Read
- Stacy Ray as Ruth
- Sudden Death at the Internet Movie Database