A Japanese Samurai warrior brings an antique plate to Hawaii that Robin Masters had purchased. The Samurai is attacked, the plate is stolen and Robin wants TM to recover it.
Magnum gets a lesson in ancient Japanese culture when a ninja steals a valuable Kenzan artifact from a Samurai warrior.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Mako as Tozan
- Lee de Broux as Gallagher, the Tourist Shop Owner
- Seth Sakai as Fukuda
- Tommy Fujiwara as Yakuza (credited as Tom Fujiwara)
- Michael M. Honma as Hotel Desk Clerk (credited as Michael Honma)
- Magnum acts like he doesn't know what seppuku is BUT in the episode in season two, episode 9 entitled the taking of Dick McWilliams, he mentions it to Dick McWilliams' father in law with regards to Dick McWilliams' wife committing Seppuku.
- Local Oahu-based actor Tommy Fujiwara (Yakuza) makes his third of four appearances on the show. Tommy also appeared in over 20 episodes of the original series Hawaii Five-O.
- Higgins: Extraordinary! Magnum you never cease to amaze me! I must know how you arrived at this remarkably astute conclusion with your limited knowledge of art.
- Magnum: Would you believe me if I told you it came to me in a dream?
- Magnum: You were saying something about a lesson of "The Arrow That is Not Aimed".
- Tozan: It is an old discipline practiced by the "Ichinaga" Samurai. The bow is pulled. The archer has no thought of his aim, the arrow, his game, or even of himself. All is one. All is emptiness. Yet, the arrow always finds its target.
- Magnum: When we were playing football we called it being "in the groove". Everything just...worked - the pass, the pattern, the blocking, then boom...touchdown.
- Tozan: Oh, you do understand. Ah, it's like the universe in a small, quiet pond. Each movement contains everything. Even so simple a thing as serving tea becomes a prayer.
|Season 3 (1980)|
|Did You See the Sunrise? ♦ Ki'is Don't Lie ♦ The Eighth Part of the Village ♦ Past Tense ♦ Black on White ♦ Flashback ♦ Foiled Again ♦ Mr. White Death ♦ Mixed Doubles ♦ Almost Home ♦ Heal Thyself ♦ Of Sound Mind ♦ The Arrow That Is Not Aimed ♦ Basket Case ♦ Birdman of Budapest ♦ I Do? ♦ Forty Years from Sand Island ♦ Legacy from a Friend ♦ Two Birds of a Feather ♦ ...By Its Cover ♦ The Big Blow ♦ Faith and Begorrah|