The "Great Gatsby Gala," with everyone dressed in 1920s costumes, is being held at the estate and Magnum is responsible for security.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Kwan Hi Lim as Lieutenant Yoshi Tanaka
- Ronald Lacey as Archer Hayes
- Colleen Camp as Valerie Cane
- June Chadwick as Lady Cynthia Warrington Stout
- Laurette Spang as Marge Atherton
- Vonetta McGee as Inez Stuart
- John McCook as Nolan Atherton
- The rarely seen second floor of the estate's main house is featured. There is also a scene on one of the second floor balconies.
- Higgins arrived at Robin's Nest in 1972, and replaced the original majordomo Lowell Xavier Jameson (aka "Archer Hayes") who was fired by Robin Masters.
- One of the cars seen at the estate is a 1935 Auburn Boattail Speedster!
- Marge: Great costume!
- Magnum: Oh, this isn't a costume.
- Nolan: Really?! You wear that shirt in public?
- Higgins: Magnum, I'm very busy placating the guests. Now, will you please send Rick and T.C. away and assume the character of a reasonably competent security person? Only you and I will know you're acting.
- Magnum: Higgins, cut it out! The playacting is for the guests.
- Higgins: Higgins? My ingnorant lad, that was Richard III. G.B. Shaw begged me to do the Pygmalion role, but, of course, I have no time for comedy.
- Magnum: Higgins, come on. Stop kidding around and get back to bed!
- Higgins: Back! Back, rogue! "Onward for God, England, and Saint George!"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.