Garwood Huddle, an infamous 1940s bank robber, escapes from a Hawaiian prison and asks Magnum to help locate his grandson who has been kidnapped.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Elisha Cook Jr. as Francis "Ice Pick" Hofstetler (as Elisha Cook)
- Pat Hingle as Garwood Huddle
- John Ratzenberger as Walt Brewster
- Belinda Montgomery as Frannie Huddle
- Philip Sterling as Harry Clayborn
- Michael Anderson Jr. as Garwood Huddle Jr.
- Nancy DeCarl as TV Newscaster (as Nancy De Carl)
- William Bryant as Arnold "Slick" Sims
- Dick Durock as Norm
- Loretta Fury as Myra
- Wisa D'Orso as Mavis
- The news reader (voice) at the beginning is Phil Hartman
- Nancy DeCarl makes a brief appearance as a TV newscaster. She is married to Larry Manetti and once was a real life TV news reporter.
- Guest star John Ratzenberger plays Garwood's son-in-law Walt Brewster (the kidnapper) in this episode. Walt's best friend is named "Norm", just like Ratzenberger's more famous character Cliff Clavin in Cheers!
- Magnum spends most of this episode smelling like a combination of old gym shorts and Brussels sprouts thanks to some "Patchismo" cologne, which is supposed to bring out a persons natural scent.
- Magnum: Well, you could have got us both arrested! Then who would have found your little grandson?
- Garwood: We ain't arrested! We're riding around in this fancy Italian race car of yours! Real inconspicuous! El Higgo told me you were very good, but I'm beginning to wonder, buddy.
- Magnum: He said that?!
- T.C.: You know, there's that smell again. It's smells kinda funny, like old gym shorts. You smell it Thomas?
- Magnum: (says nothing)
- T.C.: It's gettin' worse. It smells like old Brussels sprouts.
- Magnum: Ok! Ok! Ok...It's me. Some guy gave me this sample of "Patchismo" cologne.
- T.C.: "Patchismo" col...Is this the same guy that gave you the "PatWax"?
- Magnum: Yes, and I put some on and now I can't wash it off.
- T.C.: Man, you should have smelled that stuff before you put it on.
- Magnum: It doesn't smell like anything. It's supposed to take on your own natural scent.
- T.C.: Heh, boy if that's your own natural scent you've got a serious problem.
- Magnum: Look, will you stop it please and help me find William Daniels!
- T.C.: Yeah, sure. You just stay downwind.